Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Words of Wisdom for May......

Hello Club Members, we have something special to celebrate next month that is exciting!
Next month, Calanna Pharmacy celebrates its 35th birthday. The Woree Store and Medical Centre were opened on my father's 70th birthday (8th June 1976). This is a time to reflect, to be grateful and to look to the future. My parents gave me the opportunity to study Pharmacy and after 40 years I still love it.
My grandfather owned the cane farm and lived in the house - that was on the same site as the present medical Centre - along with grandma and his three daughters. One was my mother (Alma) and another (Edie), who became the first female Pharmacist in the Cairns area.  In 1955 mum and dad purchased the cane farm and with my sister (Lynette) lived in the same house until 1972.
We moved to allow the Medical Centre to be built. This was my father's vision for the fledging Woree - Bayview area. I owe much to dad's vision, courage, leadership and integrity. He started me on my journey - to build a business based on influence, empowerment and connection. My love for people and health has helped build and expand the business, attract many wonderful team members, form 1000's of friendships with loyal customers and their new families and be able to contribute to and be part of the Cairns community.
With my wife Linda in support and our children Matthew and Catherine as an integral part of the business, along with many vibrant, caring and intelligent team members - the Calanna mission of information, advice, support and empowerment,  providing Zest for Life, is set to continue its journey of community involvement and connection.
“All of us need each of us and each of us needs all of us”
My gratitude to you all, Mario


No comments:

Post a Comment