Wednesday, January 5, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR MEMBERS

May I suggest you spend a little time on the following questions from John Izzo’s book: “The Five Secrets you must discover before you die.”?

1. Be true to yourself

“The greatest tragedy in life is to spend it on fishing only to discover that it was not fish you were after” – Henry David Thoreau
1. Is my life focused on the things that really matter to me?
2. Am I being the person I want to be in the world?

2. Leave no regrets
“The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone” – Harriet Beecher Stowe

3. Become Love
“If you want to be happy practice compassion. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion” – The Dalai Lama

4. Live the moment
“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile is the source of your joy” – Thich Nhat Hanh
• What am I grateful for today?
• Did I live in the present today or did I let tomorrow or yesterday steal the day’s happiness?

5. Give more than you take
“An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individual concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity” – Martin L King Jr

Our community is hurting, it needs healing, it needs all of us to think and act with our heart, we need to find win-win solutions and this has to begin with LOVE for each other…….Mario

No comments:

Post a Comment